Family Nurse Partnership
Intensive home visiting service for first time teenage mums.
FNP advice for Clients and their Families in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
FNP Supervisors and Nurses will continue to provide guidance to clients and their families at this time.
- Your Family Nurse will stay connected with you and you should continue to contact her for advice and support – just as you did before.
- Visits may need to be done virtually or by telephone. Sometimes this can be difficult but your Family Nurse will try and ensure you understand what has been discussed and will be very specific about any instructions, recommendations, and referrals.
- Clients will be encouraged to ask for clarity if there are any concerns.
- Your Family Nurse may post facilitators before or after a virtual visit.
FNP Teams want to assure you of their ongoing support to help keep clients,
children and families stay safe. We will continue to stay in touch during this evolving situation.
FNP Supervisor contact numbers for each Trust:
- South Eastern Trust: Roisin Neill – 07739773791
- Belfast Trust: Emma Ross – 07825313787
- Northern Trust: Valerie Myles – 07824564357
- Southern Trust: Catherine Magennis – 07584886166 (or call 028 37 564632)
- Western Trust: Monica Martin – 07876338542
A Health Visitor is a trained nurse who has specialist qualifications in child and family health and in community and public health.
Every family with a child under five years of age will have a Health Visitor.
If you are pregnant you may already have had contact with your local health visiting
After your baby is born, your Health Visitor is a key contact for any worries or
concerns you may have.
Health Visitors usually visit you in your own home in the days following the birth of
your baby and will update your Red Book with important information about your
baby’s weight gain and general health and development. They will also advise on
mum’s wellbeing and offer support to your partner and family.
Due to COVID-19 and to keep you and your family safe, visits may need to be done
virtually or by telephone at present. Sometimes this can be difficult but your Health
Visitor will try and ensure you understand what has been discussed and will be very
specific about any instructions, recommendations, and referrals.
You will be encouraged to ask or clarity if there are any concerns.
Health Visiting teams want to assure you that they will continue to stay in touch with you during this challenging time.
Contact details for the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust:
Support and advice for parents with children aged 0-4 years.
- Health Visiting helpline: 028 9504 0846 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Health Visiting email address: HVadvice@belfasttrust.hscni.net
Contact numbers for the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust:
- Health Visiting (Downpatrick) – 028 44513794
- Health Visiting (Newcastle/Castlewellan/Clough) – 028 43721810
- Health Visiting (Saintfield/Crossgar /Killyleagh/Ballynahinch) – 028 97512231
- Health Visiting (Stewartstown Rd) – 028 90306046
- Health Visiting (Hillsborough) – 028 92680848
- Health Visiting (Lisburn) – 028 92501364
- Health Visiting (Bangor/Hollywood) – 028 91515248
- Health Visiting (Ards/Comber/Lisbane) – 028 91514392
- Health Visiting (Ards Peninsula) – 028 42757816
Contact numbers for the Northern Health and Social Care Trust:
The helplines will be manned by health visitors between Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. Alternatively you can get in touch by email at HV.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health Visiting (Antrim) – 028 94 413965
- Health Visiting (Ballymena) – 028 25 635694
- Health Visiting (Ballymoney) – 028 27 660311
- Health Visiting (Carrickfergus) – 028 93 370707
- Health Visiting (Coleraine) – 028 70 325469
- Health Visiting (Cookstown) – 028 86 723890
- Health Visiting (Larne/Ballyclare) – 028 28 261988
- Health Visiting (Magherafelt) – 028 79 365012
- Health Visiting (Newtownabbey) – 028 90 831450
Contact numbers for the Southern Health and Social Care Trust:
- Health Visiting Infant Feeding Helpline – 07342065152.
- Health Visiting (Newry & Mourne) – 028 37566327. This line has a voicemail available 24hrs and admin are available Mon- Fri 9am-5pm covering the following areas’ Health Visiting bases – Newry City, Bessbrook, Rathfriland, Warrenpoint, Crossmaglen, Newtownhamilton and Kilkeel.
- Health Visiting (Banbridge) – 028 406 20070. Covers Banbridge, Gilford, Dromore and Brownlow.
- Health Visiting (Lurgan) – 028 37 560222 or 028 37 560223. In the event that the admin staff would be re-deployed my direct line (Katrina Knipe) is 02837 562276 and facility manager Sonya Beattie is 02837 560221.
- Health Visiting (Portadown & Tandragee) – 028 37 560489.
- Health Visiting (Dundannon) – 028 37 565516 / 028 37 565517. Covers Dungannon, Coalisland, Ballygawley and Clogher.
- Health Visiting (Armagh) – 028 37 521575. Covers Armagh City, Tynan, Moy, Keady, Richill and Markethill.
Contact numbers for the Western Health and Social Care Trust:
Please continue to contact your Health Visitor as you did before.
In the event you cannot access your family Health Visitor please call our helpline numbers below:
- Enniskillen Area – 07825196981
- Omagh Area – 02882835555
- Londonderry/Limavady/Strabane – 07557174129
Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
Explaining coronavirus to children
If you have other small children at home who may not understand what coronavirus is and explaining what is happening can be difficult. The video below gives advice on how to explain coronavirus to kids.